January has always been a favourite month for most people because of all it represents. The celebration of new beginnings, reflection, growth, an optimistic outlook on the year ahead and a fresh start.
However, January was a bit heavy. There are so many things happening in the world that brings pain and sorrow – the Australia wildfire, Taal Volcanic eruption in the Philippines, Corona virus explodes in China and all countries struggle to control its spread, Kobe Bryant helicopter crash, earthquake in Turkey and the large undersea earthquake strikes in the Caribbean. Our world is shifting and going through a major transition.
A month with so many tough lessons, it was simply one for the books. We are in the middle of that chaos right now. Despite all the doom and gloom, this is actually one of the most exciting times to be alive when you look at things from a higher perspective. There are a whole bunch of incredible people doing really good things around the world right now and there are also wonderful things happening. We all chose to be here for this.
So what is my 20/20 vision for the year 2020? Simple – I see great things coming! I am really positive about everything.
There are so many lessons I have learnt and I would like to share with you some motivation and inspiration, these life quotes (in no particular order) are exactly what you need to hear. Advice from practicing self-love to being optimistic never grows old and will surely help you find the push you need to get where you’re going.
- Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.- Oprah
- It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you – always. – Oprah
- Associate yourself with ‘high-grade people’. If you’re around what he calls “high-grade people,” you’ll start acting more like them. Conversely, “If you hang around with people who behave worse than you, pretty soon you’ll start being pulled in that direction. That’s just the way it seems to work.” – Warren Buffet
- Invest in yourself. By far the best investment you can make is in yourself,” Next, take care of your body and mind — especially when you’re young. “If I gave you a car, and it’d be the only car you get the rest of your life, you would take care of it like you can’t believe. Any scratch, you’d fix that moment, you’d read the owner’s manual, you’d keep a garage and do all these things,” he said. “You get exactly one mind and one body in this world, and you can’t start taking care of it when you’re 50. By that time, you’ll rust it out if you haven’t done anything.” – Warren Buffet
- Marry the right person. I’m serious about that. It will make more difference in your life. It will change your aspirations, all kinds of things.” – Warren Buffet
- Buried Alive. Those dreams you’ve buried, you need to dig them back up. Start believing again, start dreaming again. Just because you gave up doesn’t mean God gave up. Your dream may be buried, but the good news is that it’s still alive. It’s not too late to see it come to pass. If you’ll do your part and start believing again and get your passion back, God is going to resurrect what you thought was dead. Dreams that you’d given up on are going to suddenly come back to life. – Joel Osteen
- When someone belittles you, it’s a reflection of the speaker, not the recipient. The words they expressed reflect their truth, not yours. Never allow people who use communication so irresponsibly to sabotage your self-image. – Gentle Living
- Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace. – Unknown
- You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. – C.S. Lewis
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. – Maya Angelou
- No matter how educated or wealthy you are, if you don’t have peace of mind, you won’t be happy. – Dalai Lama
- Choose a job you like and you never have to work a day in your life. – Confucius
- Obedience leads to blessings. When God tells you to do something that you don’t understand, more often than not the act of obedience is what brings the miracle. Let the miracle happen because you obey what is God is telling you to do. – HU
- Forgiveness is the gift you give for yourself and in some cases, it doesn’t mean you have to build relationship again. You simply want peace overtake your life by letting go of the pain caused by others and embrace a joyous tomorrow. -HU
- Have a peaceful heart. If you want peace, stop living in the pieces of your past. You are as a whole as you decide to be, it will take some work, start believing you are worthy. -HU
- Compete only with yourself, it’s about being better than you were before. – HU
- Be happy and grateful for this very day, because now is all we do have. -HU
- It’s never too late to start and impress the Heavenly Father. Use the gifts and talents He has given you to honour Him and you will see God will multiply what you have. – HU
- Find your purpose and live it, be an example of the world as we would like it to be, love deeply, share truth, be kind, smile to others and brighten their day, keep your emotions and personal energy high, choose love over fear, HUg extra tight- HU
As we start the year, (yes, January is just a free trial month) we realised despite everything that happened, it all taught us significant life lessons that forever we would carry with us no matter the path in life we would take. Life has been unpredictable. But that is how life really works, life is just full of surprises. And these lessons are part of its package.
I wish everyone a new year filled with prosperity, contentment and may the joyful spirit keeps glowing in the your heart forever. Happy 2020!