Hello everyone! Welcome February….
Love is in the HAIR and I care to sHAIR!
My hair has been long for most of my entire life, with the exception of a few years in high school – early ‘90s and back in 2007 when I had a bob haircut. I’ve always been very attached to my hair, and proud of its ability to grow long, and stay healthy regardless of length.
Finally, I chopped off my hair short for a good cause!
Hair Donation is something I’ve wanted to do for the longest time. Bucket list item – checked!
I donated my (quarantine) hair to charity for the first time. My 12 inches of hair are now gone. But the strands were not swept up and thrown away. Rather, my hair is now on its way to Hair for Hopes.
Hair for Hope is an advocacy of HEADS by volu-Med Salon and The European Hair Factory, Inc. that provides free wigs for cancer patients or for those who have medical hair loss. They have partnered with Makati Medical Center, Asian Hospital and other hospitals.
Donating my hair to help patients with medically-induced hair loss is a wonderful way to help those who are coping with unfair disease like cancer. Many people think that monetary donations is the best but that’s simply not true. For me, donating hair is a much more personal gift than sending a check. I am sending a piece of myself to a person who has a disease that caused them to lose their hair. My hair can give these patients the confidence and happiness they need in such a tough time in their lives.
How to Donate to Hair for Hope: (source from Hair for Hope FB account)
1. Donated hair should be at least 12 inches or 30.5 cm long, braided before cutting, and sealed in a plastic bag, with donor name, email address and social media account.
2. You may have your own hairstylist cut the hair then send to Hair for Hope via courier.
3. If you choose to get your hair cut at HEADS by volu-med Salon, (which I did!) located at Shangri-La, Manila, Rizal Dr, Makati, Metro Manila, there is a discounted service fee of PhP 400.00 that will be charged.
4. After sending your donation, a Certificate of Donation may be requested by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Send your package at HEADS by volu-med Salon, G/F Unit 133 Shangri-La Hotel Makati, Ayala Avenue cor Makati Avenue, Makati City, Philippines. Mobile number 0917-5860145.
I feel like a new person when I glance in the mirror. It seems quite different. It’s not just the about the coiffure, (anyway, it will grow back like magic), everything feels remarkable. Love is in the HAIR. I care to sHAIR because #HUCares for cancer patients!