The voice of the sea, breeze in hair, sky above my head, sand between the toes, cocktail in my hand, work day cares left far behind… I knew it was the beginning of our semestral break in an award winning hotel in Kota Kinabalu that was set in our hearts.
This five-star resort was built in 1983 and has 492 luxurious room and suites in two wings: The Kinabalu wing and Tanjung wing.
Here in no particular order, are some of the many reasons, why this resort make it their business to cater to guests of all ages and turned school vacation into an actual holiday for all.
- A STAY IN TANJUNG WING IS A GREAT VIEW WORTH. Though, slightly more pricey than Kinabalu wing, this wing is closer to the pool and has newly refurbished bigger room reflecting a Borneo style facing the South China Sea. Who wouldn’t want to wake up to ocean view in the northern part of the island of Borneo and catch a glimpse of the sunrise from the room?
2. THIS RESORT IS FOCUS ON THE BASIC TRUTH OF PARENTING. In context, “parents can only relax until you know your children are secure, cheerful and occupied”. Here are some amenities that your children can enjoy while you do your own thing.
3. UNFORGETTABLE ADVENTURES AROUND ISLAND. There are dozens of activities that make the most of the beautiful seaside location or just simply plan unforgettable adventures around island. This resort provides professional water sport services, boating and cruise facilities.
4. WITNESS THE SPECTACULAR SUNSET IN SUNSET BAR
Shangri-La TAH’s Sunset Bar is a unique and best place to see the sunset in Sabah. Fyi – Sunsets in Sabah are voted one of the Top 8 Places in the world to witness a beautiful sunset. It is truly breathtaking and worth watching the sunset.
5. INFINITY POOL. Unwind by basking in the sand and enjoy the view of the South China Sea as far as the eye can see.
6.FITNESS CENTER. When you splurge on luxury hotel, you expect a lot of things including hotel gym. I really like how it was layout. It is such a sanctuary of health and balance that make travelers easy to stay in shape on the road.
7. SHOPS/FACILITIES. No time to visit the city? Find your every perfect little need in this zone.
9. CHI SPA. Pampering for the body and soul. Reward yourself with a traditional Borneo treatments after a long day of walking or tiring day tour.
10. BUFET AT CAFE TATU. Enjoy the Asian as well as the western favourites. This Cafe Tatu can accommodate 468 guests at one time.
11.STAR LOUNGE. Early check out, Late night flight? No problem! This Star Lounge provides guests to a simply-stocked pantry area, shower rooms, changing area and mini business center.
12. PERFECT LOCATION. Kota Kinabalu is just an hour and 40 minutes away from Manila. Shangri- La TAnjung Aru Resort and Spa is 15 minutes from KK airport and 10 minutes from the city.
Beach vacations are timeless. Thank you so much Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa and Sabah Tourism for hosting our room. Indeed, your resort is an ideal destination for exquisite family escape.
SHANGR-LA TANJUNG ARU RESORT AND SPA
20 Jalan Aru
Tanjung Aru, 88100
Kota Kinabalu Sabah Malaysia
+(60 88) 327.888